Podcasts and Other Resources
Over the coming months we will be partnering with local people, emergency services personnel, not for profit organisations and Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council to speak on a range of topics we believe will be useful to those living in the Bywong and Wamboin Region. The series looks to open up new sources of information, views, opinions and ideas as we share stories, wisdom and encouragement.
Access to the podcasts is now available from podbean: https://www.podbean.com/pu/pbblog-b8rwv-f64e9b
1. Weerona Drive Neighbourhood Group - Why have one? by Jenny Warren
2. Local Emergency Management by Inspector Keith Price
3. SES Storms and Floods by Chief Inspector Robert Cunneen, Local Commander | Queanbeyan Palarang Region, NSW State Emergency Service
4. Scott Cashmere and Lachlan Gilchrist from the NSW Rural Fire Service together with Neville Schroder from the Wamboin Rural Fire Brigade discuss: i) the new Australian Fire Danger Rating system, ii) Bush Fire Survival Plans and iii) What to do if a fire impacts our region.
5. Resilient Communities and the role of Local Government, Rebecca Ryan, CEO, Queanbeyan-Palerang Region Council
6. Victoria Pearce, Director, Senior Cultural Conservator, Endangered Heritage due to unforeseen circumstance was unable to do a podcast but she advised the radio broadcasts at www.endangeredheritage.com/radio may be of interest to all. Some examples are:
- Protecting your household treasures from disasters such as bushfires and floods
- How to prepare your household against flash flooding and water damage
- How to you prevent bugs eating your woollens
- How to clean and repair treasures safely
She has also given us access to her video with detailed information about floods
7. Lara Beattie, the Australian Red Cross Recovery and Resilience Officer, Snowy Monaro and Queanbeyan-Palerang Local Government Area talks about the practical and well-being services the Red Cross provides before, during and after emergencies.
8. Carol Boughton, Lead Steering Group,Building Community Resilience in Bywong and Wamboin, gives tips for leading walks on the Greenways .
9. Louise MacDonald, Risk & Emergency Coordinator, Local Land Services, NSW Government, gives guidance on preparing for, and during, emergencies with specific reference to looking after animals, including details of services available during an emergency.
10. Tony Cotton on Leadership